Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Salt Pack


We've been having a series of stomach bugs going through this house.  It's been brutal.  I've been calling it Barf Central the last couple of days.  I read recently about salt packs and how they bring circulation and energy areas in need.  Salt is said to relax muscles and reduce spasms.  Perfect for tummy trouble.  

Determined to find some comfort for my sweeties (the hubby had it too) I heated up two cups of sea salt in a pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat.  I kept feeling for the temperature with my hand, once it got to hot to touch, I left it another 30 seconds and then pulled it off.  I poured the salt into two small pillow cases, one for each sicky.  On Serafin's, I tied a ribbon at each end to make it toddler proof, we don't want salt all over the bed (plus, it added a little flare).

The amount of heat was amazing!  It got very hot, very fast and retained the hot temperature for quite some time, I'd say about 30 minutes.  Both my sweeties held the packs on their bellies.  Don't know if that's what helped, but they seem to be feeling a little better today.  Can't wait for this one to be OVER!  Yack!

No comments:

Post a Comment