Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Teas # 4: Goddess Tea

This is one of my favorite FAVORITE teas.  Wait, did I mention this is one of my favorite teas? I probably drink this one more often than any other tea in my arsenal.  I call it Goddess Tea because it is particularly good for women, especially for those that are pregnant and breast-feeding.  The combination of herbs was first given to me by my herbalist during my pregnancy with Silas and I even remember drinking a rendition of it years ago while pregnant with Serafin.  I loved it so much that I continue to drink it in large quart size jars at least 3-4 times a week.  In my opinion, it's WAY better that the "Pregnancy Tea" you get in the super market, plus if you buy the herbs in bulk, it's much cheaper too.  

This tea is good for pregnant mamas, breast-feeding mamas, mamas in general, women in general, PEOPLE in general!  One of the reasons why this tea is probably more geared towards pregnant women is because of the red raspberry leaf, which is known to aid in reproductive health and tonify the uterus.  The tea also has Oat Straw, rich in calcium and great for building bones (it has a reputation for being great for those with osteoporosis) and Nettles an herb that helps strengthen blood vessels, is full of iron and keeps swelling down in the body.

For pregnant women, I recommend drinking this tea throughout gestation, but particularly in the third trimester, at least 3-4 cups a day (please be sure to check with your care provider to cover all bases).  Here's what I did, and still do (!).

I buy the herbs in bulk and mix them together in a large jar for fresh keeping.

Goddess Tea:
2 parts Raspberry Leaf
2 Parts Nettles
1 Part Oat Straw

Make the tea in the morning in a large quart size jar, use about 1 tablespoon per cup,  let it steep for a few hours, the longer it sits, the richer it gets.  Sip through out the day and enjoy!  When I drink it I feel the goodness seeping into my cells.  It really is one of my favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment