Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Who Needs Pedialyte?

Electrolyte Water (yes, this is Dr. approved):

1 cup of warm water
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
Pinch of sea salt
(for a little sweetness, you can add a Tsp of honey for kids over 1 year old)

Whew!  Being a parent is one of the most amazing experiences, . . . as well as being one of the most amazingly difficult experiences too.  Remember "The Salt Pack" that I wrote about a few days ago?  The one where I talked about our house being Barf Central?  I can officially say I have been knee deep in barf these days.  Soooo not fun and the worst part of it is seeing those that you love suffer.  I HOPE HOPE HOPE I don't get this one.

After seeing the hubby and daughter go through it, poor little Silas caught the bug.  I have never seen my little smiling boy so upset and unhappy.  He hasn't been eating hardly anything and what he does, keeps coming up. The past few hours have been a marathon of trying to get him to drink a Tablespoon of electrolyte water, I then pumped and let him suck on my nipple till he fell asleep so he wouldn't barf from getting too much breastmilk.  Poor little babe.  If he doesn't keep this down, we are off to the Dr soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment