Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tasty Tea #6: Peppermint and Lemon Balm

The beautiful Lemonbalm plant!

Mmmmm, this tea has become a resent favorite!  I've always drunk the two teas separately, but this is the first time I have combined these herbs.  Since Gary has been traveling up north quite a bit and I've been juggling both kids, I been craving little something to help calm my nerves (lemonbalm), but also gently stimulate me so that I could get a little energy boost (peppermint).  I know, it sounds like a contradiction, but this tea works wonders.

One morning I opened my cabinet and thought, why not lemonbalm and peppermint?  They seemed like they would be a good combo, they're both in the mint family, so their tastes blend nicely, and when drunk, they give off the affects that I am looking for. 

I consider Lemonbalm a "wonder herb".  I drink it all the time.  It's mild but still takes the "edge" of when you are under stress (for example,  parenting two kids and trying to pack up your house of 10 years all at the same time).  You can drink Lemonbalm every day at anytime of the day.  It's also rich in calcium.  Yummo.  

Peppermint is a standard in lots of people's homes.  Great for settling the tummy, refreshing you, getting rid of bad breath, and gently uplifting your spirits.  Add a teaspoon of honey to this duo and it's a match made in heaven!

That's all for now folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment