Thursday, June 6, 2013

Carrot Ginger Soup



I make this pretty often.  Usually I buy large bags of carrots at a time.  At some point, there comes a time when I know they need to get eaten soon, or they will get spoiled, so in comes. . . . yummy carrot ginger soup.  It's easy and yummy and warms your heart and soul (good old ginger).  The original recipe, which came from the Whole Foods Cookbook, doesn't call for the beans and rice, however I liked the thought that I was adding some protein.  The additions makes the soup dense and adds a little flavor.  Truth be told, I haven't looked at the recipe for years, I just know that there are lots of carrots, ginger and onions in it, I have winged the rest.  Here's what I do. . .

. . . . . . . .

Carrot Ginger Soup:

Ingredients:

2 Large Yellow Onions
8 Large Carrots
2 Inch piece of Ginger
2 Tbs of Coconut Oil
1 Cup of Basmati Rice
1 Cup of Cooked Chickpeas
1/4 Tsp of Marjorum
1/4 Tsp of Sage
1/4 Tsp of Salt
8 Cups of Broth

To Do:

Chop veggies into small pieces

Melt oil, throw in chopped veggies, cook for a couple of minutes and add seasonings, cook till soft

Add Broth

Add Rice

Cook till rice is done

Add Chickpeas.

Blend!

Top with some bread with a little butter for dipping and enjoy!  YUM YUM!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It is beautiful and so entertaining. I love your voice. Hope my blog will look as good as yours some day! If you get some extra time, I'd love for you to check mine out. I'm new to the blogger community and trying to get started up.

    gypsymooncmjh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete